We left early Friday morning on my B-day at 5:30 with my mom and dad. I even got to drive some of the way because Brian was having a hard time staying awake. The trip was fine and In West Yellowstone we stayed at a KOA that was 6 miles out and away from the park and a lil town. I have to tell first things first, when we were trying to pull into our campsite Brian was having a hard time seeing with all of the stuff loaded in the back, I believe he wanted to back up into the campsite BUT everything happened so fast, I know that he was concerned about my mom and she was where he wanted to be. He kept asking Braxton to check that side and I was saying I would get out and direct him in. Brian got mad and put it in reverse and the next thing I know we had hit something like another car because that was what it sounded like. I had heard my mom honk her horn just before that. Scared to look I stayed put for a minute..... Brian put the foot on the gas and all we were doing was shooting rocks and not going anywhere. We had high-centered on like a sewer cover that had a cone on it. Obviously we didnt see it or didnt know how close we were to it! People from all around us came to help, there was about 6 men that told Brian what to do and with their help we were able to get off. We didnt go anywhere that first day and pulled the Chevy in the campsite till the 2nd day when it was making some really bad noises underneath. Luckily there was a automotive shop in town, just minor damage and a minor fee. Thank goodness!!
Old Maid and Checkers are fun in the tent! Just staying around camp and having Hoagie sandwiches our first day

No comments:
Post a Comment