July 6, 2010

I got kidnapped!!/Story #5


Its winding down to the last couple of weeks till my birthday.  This will probably be my last story, from my journal. I had  fun telling my stories from my past, I might not of interested everyone but it was just a thought of trying something different. This happened around my birthday in 1987 We were going to be moving from our Clinton house that summer that we had lived in for 17 years.

I was in the kitchen trying to get my mom to go somewhere so we could get out of the house, when my dad called from the living room "Oh Jackie" I knew that voice that somebody was here for me but I didn't hear the doorbell ring. I went walking in the living room and my friend Jill was standing next to the wall. The next thing I knew I had a bandanna over my eyes and my hands were tied. I was put into her car and they took me up to Fruit Heights where Jill's aunt lived, still blind-folded  and tied up for the whole ride.

 They had all got out and left me in the car. Than Jill came running out "Jackie why are you still sitting here?"  My thoughts were "Well nobody helped me to get out of the car." When I got to the house there was a bunch of people there, some of my friends were still coming later, but a lot of people I didn't know but they were Jills friends.   I was  blindfolded when they took me down some skinny small curly stairs into  the family room, when they untied me it was decorated with balloons, crepe paper, presents, and a big Happy Birthday sign. We had a barbecue out on the deck, and there was a lot of food.  When I opened my presents I got a lot of makeup and fingernail polish. Candy, notebooks, markers, and the best of all to me was some Goody banana clips all different colors, they were the coolest thing in the 80's for hair.  I had a white cake with pink trim and 3 roses, and white frosting. They were all gathered around the bar and sang.

We played the Embarrassing moments game, The bean game  where you say things you never did, and watched a movie on the satellite channel. We had talked about going to the 49th Street Galleria, or Lagoon but realized how late it was and everything would be closed soon. We went to 7-11 and got a bunch of pop, and candy, there was people coming and going the whole time, and doing different things. After midnight two people  were dared to go across the street, switch shirts and than come back . When we got in trouble with the neighbors, we were all scared and ran in the house to hide  we thought "oh no" a search warrant. But Jill was mostly scared what trouble she would be in with her Aunt when she found out. We all eventually fell asleep all over the furniture.  Alot of my friends went home early the next morning but I stayed with Jill to help clean up the house again and do the dishes. We spent time talking and had a bowl of Cocoa puffs, we both stayed till about noon when we left to go home. Me and Jill went and apologized to the upset neighbor and he was really cool and nice about it.  It was definitely a surprise birthday,  I felt so awkward in the middle of the night I got really sick and had to lay on the bathroom floor for at least an hour, Just the mixture of all the sweets and food.

No comments: