May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Dinner






I came up with a fun idea what to do for my mom for Mother's day to make dinner and have a nice formal table setting. I try to think of something different every year if I can and knew just to have a day off fixing dinner was a nice gift. 


I wanted to make it simple with what I had, my gold silverware, and goblet glasses that never get used. So I pulled them out of storage, I was excited just to have a special time to use them. The pretty tulips were a gift from my sister in law AnnJillene to my mom and they worked perfect with the flowers that I had already bought for the table. I love to entertain I just need to learn how to fold napkins really elegant.






I got Braxton in on the fun I gave him the job of being my waiter boy for the evening, he refilled the drinks and cleared the plates. He did a good job, it was fun. The very first thing this morning he said to me was "Happy Mother's day mom, Mom's don't lift a finger on Mother's day, me and Dad will do all the work." I like his thinking I think he has the right idea for his future wife.



I planned just a simple meal, you can tell that I got one thing on my mind "SIMPLE" everything is simple, just a Chicken casserole and several salads very easy to please and my mom appreciated it, that was what mattered the most.

2 comments:

Brett and AnnJillene said...

It looks like your dinner turned out nice. I am glad the flowers worked for you. It is fun the entertain.

Jackie said...

Thanks AnnJillene I appreciated your comment.